Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ya Abha Baha'u'llah!

It's a prayer. Ya Abha Baha'u'llah invokes the protection of the Glory of God. Other Baha'is will understand that this invocation brings the immediate support of the celesial concourse, but that's not what I'm here to write about.

For the past few weeks, I've been building my daily prayers around this invocation, praying for strength, going straight to God with requests for victories, for protection of those I love, for wisdom for those who are working on my family's behalf in whatever capacity, for the harmony and unity of my family members. I'm heartened in doing so, and glad I've been at it for a while, because today I need that strength.

C's GYN called today, informing us that the polyp is not cancerous, but qualifies for what they call 'pre-cancerous.' The presence of a pre-cancerous polyp in that region brings C's probability for future cancer up to the 20% range. Understandably, C will be going in for pre-emptive surgery mid-November.

[remember, though, I only blog about good news on the family blog!!]

   - There's no cancer there now.
   - Pre-cancer does not mean that there would EVER be any cancer in the future.
   - The docs are taking out all the parts that run a high risk of follow-on cancer.
   - Withall the high-risk parts gone, there's no place to GET cancer.

So there! It's a surgery. It's six weeks or so of recovery. We can cope with it; it's a pre-emptive strike. It's a victory to find it now, instead of when it's too late. It's a survival ticket.

Ya Abha Baha'u'llah.

Now, somehow, I must get on with my day.



No comments:

Post a Comment