Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Badasht

Badasht is the Baha'i Faith Family camp that we attend every year. I've mentioned Badasht before (2007, 2006), but not blogged extensively about it. It was, once again, wonderful for us; I do not think I can blog in detail this year either. I think blog readers who have been will understand and agree: you just have to be there to get it.

We've had some evolutions and stretches this year as members of the Badasht community:

  • R has graduated to the Junior Youth class - again a rite of passage that sends him a message to step up his game. This year, R had to figure out how to manage his feelings of separation from his best friend, X, who isn't old enough for Junior Youth yet.
  • M continues to thrive in whatever group she is assigned, as always. 
  • The whole Johnson family stepped out of our comfort zones, picked up a guitar, and began singing as a family. We even sang a song in the "Festival of the Arts" program. It wasn't spectacular, but we didn't totally embarrass ourselves, either...at least I don't think we did...
  • C continued as devotions person - putting on a terrific program.
  • I served as Registrar again, training someone to take over in my stead next year. Who knows what role (if any) I will have in next year's camp. That will remain to be seen.


I'm likely to toss some photos up on the blog...but I'm feeling in no particular rush to do so.

 

Feeling in No Particular Rush.... I like the sound of that.

For me personally, a number of things have taken place in the past weeks that created a prolonged and strong environment of pressure and expectation upon me. I would not say that I am burned out, but after so much effort, it is time to rest a bit. The result? I don't want this to sound negative but I'm feeling not particularly in a rush about most things right at the moment. The feeling - like all feelings - will pass. Until it does, the expression of my frame-of-mind stands here .... duly noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment