Sunday, October 19, 2008

Changes In Habits

I've spent the weekend getting to know the Asus Eee. Easy enough to do, since we were at the beach visiting Grandma and Grandpa. I took the work-issued laptop along, and vowed not to fire it up unless I absolutely had to.  All-in-all, I was quite successful. The swith to Linux is generally uneventful, except that I'd like more access to the desktop, not a program launcher.

The biggest issue so far has been finding a blog authoring tool. I've been using Microsoft's Windows Live Writer. It's a tool that's quite easy to get used to. Blogging from there is a delight. I found that, while there are a number of blog authoring tools for the Linux world, none of them jump out as being on par with Live Writer. So I'll be trying out some new ones.

Right now, for instance, I'm using Scribefire, which runs from inside my linux version of Firefox. It connected easily to my blogger account, and took about 30 seconds to get started with...as evidenced by this very blog entry. It's not, um,... as beautiful an experience as blogging in Live Writer, but it'll get the job done. I'll play with some of the other choices, though. I may still find what I'm looking for.

anybody have any Linux-based blog authoring tools they'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment